About PWTransit Canada
PWTransit Canada is an industry leader in the delivery of safe and customer-responsive contracted transit services to municipalities and transit agencies across Canada
Who We Are
PWTransit Canada is part of the Pacific Western Group of Companies, a privately held, 100% Canadian-owned corporation with over 5,400 employee across Canada.
PWTransit’s employees operate a variety of transit vehicles travelling almost 11 million kilometres annually. Our commitment to safety and customer service excellence includes providing up-to-date vehicles, quality maintenance facilities, and the development of highly-qualified personnel. PWTransit provides a complete spectrum of bus services including:
- Fixed-Route Transit Operations
- Custom and Para Transit Operations
- On Demand Transit Operations
- Dispatch Services
- Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management
- Bus Operator Training Program Design and Delivery (MCPCC Accredited)
- Charter and Special Event Transportation
- Transportation Management Services
“The most important asset any company can have is its front line staff. We invest money, resources, people and hours of effort to create a workforce dedicated to serving our customers. Pacific Western Transportation employees are encouraged to be the front line representatives of the company.”
Since its inception in 1957, Pacific Western Transportation (PWT) has grown to become Canada’s largest privately-held people transportation company. Our 5,000+ personnel are committed to the success of our organization and the communities we serve.
The foundation of Pacific Western’s philosophy and commitment to providing exceptional customer service lies in our belief that we are an integral part of the hospitality and service industry and not simply a provider of bus transportation. Our approach to the recruitment and training of our staff, and the delivery of our service was established by Pacific Western Transportation founder R.B. Colborne.
For every employee, passenger, and member of the commuting public we know that the most important thing we do, each day, is ensure we all get Safely Home.
Safely Home is our deep conviction to safety, and it is the ultimate promise we make to each other, to our clients, and to the communities in which we operate. PWTransit is driven by Safety, it is our first Core Value and at the heart of all we do.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values serve as a set of principles that define us as an organization. They guide every action and decision made by our people, informing and supporting everything we do.
- Customer Service
- Positive Attitude
Making wise choices, getting everyone Safely Home
Excellence, consistency, and commitment…whether the customer is internal or external.
Valuing the contribution of others with dignity
Honesty towards coworkers and management in job performance.
Contributing to employee morale, inspiring a team attitude.
Collective strength by pulling together.
To the company, co-workers, and customers.
Taking ownership, do what you say and take responsibility
Displaying initiative and innovation in finding ways to get the job done.
By persevering, being a role model for other employees.
As a privately owned Canadian company, we have chosen to share the company’s success with our employees, customers, and the community at large. Our commitment to the community is a vital element of the PWTransit business philosophy. All employees are encouraged to take an active role in community volunteer organizations and to support local businesses.
Our community involvement includes:
- Transit Advocacy Committees
- Transit Management Committees
- Transportation Advisory Boards
- Accessible Transportation Advisory Group
- Seniors Wellness Program
- Commuter Challenges
- First Night Committee (New Years Eve Service)
- Christmas Seniors Dinner and City Light Tours
- Canada Day Parades
- Seniors Community Travel Program
- Salvation Army Community and School Food
- Drive Programs
- Community Policing Action Program (CPAC)
- Corporate Sponsor – Festival of the Trees Event
- Corporate Sponsor – Prince George Dance Festival
- Community Service Organizations
- Whistler 2020 (Transportation Committee)
- Community Environmental and Sustainability Initiatives
- Special Needs Orientation Programs – UNBC
- City Orientation Tours for International Education – UNBC
- Public Information sessions
- Student orientation and Career days
- Transit Ambassador Program
- McGruff – the “Take a Bite Out of Crime” campaign
- Preschool Transit Facility Tours