SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
PWTransit is driven by safety. We have a critical responsibility to care for our passengers, employees and the public in all of the communities we serve.
We define our commitment to safety by:
- Empowering our employees to react to potential safety issues by remedying them immediately – no job is ever so important that we cannot take the necessary time required to do it safely.
- Ensuring our established safety procedures are followed by all of our employees.
- Making regular, thorough inspections of our equipment and work areas to ensure safety and proper function.
- Training our staff to anticipate potential problems and be aware of their environment.
- Meeting and exceeding existing government regulatory requirements.
- Responding to emergency situations quickly and thoroughly.
- Striving for continuous improvement in our safety and health programs by setting challenging goals, measuring and evaluating performance and learning from our experiences.
Our approach to doing business has built the largest, full service, privately-owned bus company in Canada. We care about our fleet and we're known for having the cleanest, safest, most mechanically-sound, state of the art vehicles on the road.
Our operators are highly trained, possessing the skills and experience to deliver passengers safely to their destinations.
We believe that all accidents (incidents) are caused – they don't just happen. Our objective is to seek out these causes, devise protective measures and promote a safety culture at all levels. Accident prevention is an integral part of our corporate culture and the way we conduct our business.